Trusting God in Times of Uncertainty
When life as we know it changes dramatically, we can trust God. Here are 15 Scripture prayers for moms in uncertain times to help growth in our faith.
For some of us, fear and anxiety are tempting our hearts and minds during these days of watching and waiting to see what the Coronavirus is doing next. We wonder about the impact on our health, families, work, income and communities. Others of us are wondering “What’s all the fuss?”
Regardless of the reason, many of us began “nesting” and stocking up on essentials. Let’s also arm ourselves with scriptures on which to meditate and pray.
Now is the time to lean into our relationship with God. Moms, our kids are watching what we are doing and saying. Let’s show them how to grow in their faith in Christ and how to grow in loving each other well as we experience a bit more togetherness. Here are 15 Scriptures to pray for yourself and your loved ones.
Pin for later
15 Bible Verses and Scripture Prayers for Uncertain Times
- May ____ love you, Lord God, with all his/her heart and with all his/her soul and with all his/her mind and may he/she love his/her neighbor (and brothers, sisters, family members in our home) as he/she loves him/herself. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- May _______’s heart not be troubled or fearful, but may he/she have your peace. (John 14:27)
- May you bless and protect ____, may your face shine upon ___ and be gracious to him/her. May you, Lord, look with favor on ____ and give him/her peace. (Numbers 6:24-26)
- May ___ seek you for wisdom, God, and may you give it to him/her generously. (James 1:5)
- May ____ not be anxious about anything, but pray about everything with thanksgiving. May your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard his/her heart and mind in you, Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- May ____ be strong and courageous. May he/she not be afraid or discouraged. May ____ know that you, Lord God, are with him/her wherever he/she goes. (Joshua 1:9)
- May ____ be filled with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. May ____ walk worthy of you, Lord, fully pleasing to you, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of you, God. May he/she be strengthened with all power, according to your glorious might so that he/she may have great endurance and patience and joy. (Colossians 1:9-11)
- May you, the great Shepherd of the sheep, equip ____ with everything good to do your will, working in him/her what is pleasing in your sight. (Hebrews 13:20-21)
- May you, Lord, develop in ____ the fruit of the Spirit : love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- May ____ make you, Lord, his/her refuge. May no harm come to him/her. May you command your angels to protect him/her in all his/her ways. (Ps. 91:9-11)
- May ___ be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. (James 1:19)
- May ___ be compassionate, kind, humble, meek, and patient. May he/she bear with others, and forgive others as you, Lord have forgiven him/her. (Colossians 3:12-13)
- May ___ have sincere faith in you, Jesus and confident trust in your power, wisdom and goodness. (2 Timothy 1:5)
- May ____ remember that you, God, have not given him/her a spirit of fear or timidity, but one of power, love and sound judgment. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- May ____ be sensible, self-controlled and behave wisely. May ____ be an example of good works with purity in doctrine. (Titus 2:6-7)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Bible translations do you use? I referred to the Christian Standard Bible, the Amplified Bible and the New King James when I wrote these prayers.
- How do I know God is hearing my prayer? Billy Graham answered this question a few years ago, find his reply here.
- How can I be sure I am a Christian? Here is a link to give you some information for how you can be sure. Also, I have some tips and resources for growing strong in your faith and in prayer on my blog.
What are some of your favorite scriptures to pray for you and your loved ones? I would love to hear from you!