Back to School
Whether your child is going to a new school this year with classmates and teachers he doesn’t know or returning to the same school with dear life-long friends, transitioning back to school can be fun and a bit scary all at the same time. These challenging times are ideal opportunities for our kids in building character and growing deep in their faith in Christ. Begin praying these 15 Back to School Prayers and Bible verses today and watch for God’s faithfulness to you and your child. Also, if you have a Kindergartener starting school this year, I have some prayers especially for you in 5 Awesome Prayers for Your Kindergartener.
Pin for later
15 Back to School Prayers and Bible Verses for Moms
- May ____ love you, Lord God, with all his/her heart and with all his/her soul and with all his/her mind and may he/she love his/her neighbor as he/she loves him/herself. (Matthew 22:37-39)
- May steadfast love and faithfulness be evident in ____’s life and may he/she find favor and good success in the sight of you, God, and man. (Proverbs 3:3-4)
- May ____ be diligent in his/her work and may his/her desires be fully satisfied. (Proverbs 13:4)
- May ___ seek you for wisdom, God, and may you give it to him/her generously. (James 1:5)
- May ____ not be anxious about anything, but pray about everything with thanksgiving. May your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard his/her heart and mind in you, Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- May ____ be strong and courageous. May he/she not be afraid or discouraged. May ____ know that you, Lord God, are with him/her wherever he/she goes. (Joshua 1:9)
- May ____ be filled with the knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. May ____ walk worthy of you, Lord, fully pleasing to you, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of you, God. May he/she be strengthened with all power, according to your glorious might so that he/she may have great endurance and patience and joy. (Colossians 1:9-11)
- May you, the great Shepherd of the sheep, equip ____ with everything good to do your will, working in him/her what is pleasing in your sight. (Hebrews 13:20-21)
- May you, Lord, develop in ____ the fruit of the Spirit : love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- May ____ make you, Lord, his/her refuge. May no harm come to him/her. May you command your angels to protect him/her in all his/her ways. (Ps. 91:9-11)
- May ___ be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger. (James 1:19)
- May ___ be compassionate, kind, humble, meek, and patient. May he/she bear with others, and forgive others as you, Lord have forgiven him/her. (Colossians 3:12-13)
- May ___ have sincere faith in you, Jesus and confident trust in your power, wisdom and goodness. (2 Timothy 1:5)
- May ____ remember that you, God, have not given him/her a spirit of fear or timidity, but one of power, love and sound judgment. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- May ____ be sensible, self-controlled and behave wisely. May ____ be an example of good works with purity in doctrine, having the strictest regard for integrity and truth. (Titus 2:6-7)
Pin for later
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Bible translations do you use? I referred to the Christian Standard Bible, the Amplified Bible and the New King James when I wrote these prayers.
- How do I know God is hearing my prayer? Billy Graham answered this question a few years ago, find his reply here.
- How can I be sure I am a Christian? Here is a link to give you some information for how you can be sure. Also, I have some tips and resources for growing strong in your faith and in prayer on my blog.
What are some of your favorite scriptures to pray for your child?
I would love to hear from you!